Saturday, December 15, 2007

All's quiet on the baby front

Well, we've almost made it to tomorrow's baby due date and we don't have any baby updates yet. I had a good checkup with the midwives on Thursday and all systems are go for the birth center. I'm excited to see how this labor and birth business goes but we're waiting patiently until things start happening. Max and I decided this weekend was too busy at the house to have a baby anyway, so I can't say we're awfully disappointed that the little one hasn't decided to make an early entrance. We think Tuesday would be fine though, so we'll see how well baby listens to his silly parents.

In the meantime, we've been enjoying our current family. I sat down with the kitties this afternoon and watched a documentary about ravens. It was much appreciated by little Rufus (formerly Tiger - I think we've finally stopped renaming him) who watched the whole hour-long program. (I know, we're not supposed to let the kids watch tv...the new kiddo will have different rules!)


We have plenty of ravens hanging out or traveling through the yard here and it sure seems like the cats recognize the birds on the screen...they used this opportunity to explore ravens up close.

Rufus retreated to his favorite seat for the rest of the show giving Suki a chance to get an up close look. Entertaining and educational. Our cats love PBS.



No comments: